Hailed by Essence Magazine as “ a book that should be in every household,” “Excuse me, Doctor…” is a comprehensive resource for patient empowerment. In these pages, Dr. Clarke provides the “360-degree view” on being a smart healthcare consumer, and gives everyone the tools to benefit from our rapidly changing healthcare system.
“Excuse me, Doctor…: uses stories, checklists and tips to make every reader into their own best patient advocate. She makes it easy to understand:
• Why people get sick
• Staying well and managing your own health with the 5 Self-Health Actions
• How to find and choose the right practitioner for yourself, describing the various types of primary doctors, specialists as well as alternative
• Complementary and alternative treatments that have been demonstrated by research to help certain conditions
• Healthcare reform and choosing your own health insurance
• Paying for health costs, with guidance on everything from benefitting from your health insurance to negotiating doctor and hospital bills
• How to mentally be prepare to take charge of your own health & healthcare
...and much, much more
This is not a one-time read. You will continue to reference this book to find answers to your pressing health care issues and will also undoubtedly recommend it to friends and family.